Monday, May 18, 2020

Personalities that make things happen in their own little way, one of kind is this wonderful young man, I had the opportunity of speaking with him, he is an Artist who loves what he does, and earns a living doing what he loves, I have personally seen his works and I know he is doing a wonderful job, i'll also be sharing some of work here

MR Jazpa David he is an Artist by profession..






What's your name?
Jazpa David

Where and when were you born?
I was born in Porthacourt and raised up in Onitsha, later came back to Porthacourt in 2007.


How would you describe yourself as a child?
At my tender age I was fascinated by so many things that surrounded me and I really wish to replicate what was in my surrounding, but then my inner dialogue was self defeating.


Any best memories from childhood?
Deep Childhood Memories hmmmm... I love drawing and painting since my childhood and I would shamelessly flaunt my skills to everyone.
 Different stages as an artist:
(1)junior: sometimes I used to place a transparent white paper over my drawing book and draw the sharp lines over the figures. ones the drawing figure is imprint on transparent paper, i draw over it and fill the colors.
(2)secondary: I started free-hand drawing. Love to capture the cartoon characters on my sketch books. It was fun


Are you in a relationship or married? 
Am not married neither in a serious relationship because it's dynamic let just skip the line lol

What do you do for a living?
Art.


In your own words define Art?
My broad definition of art: Art can be define as Airplane  for the expression or communication of emotions and ideas, a means of exploring and appreciating formal elements for their own sake as mimesis or presentation.


How did you get into your line of work?
I guess you have seen artist sacrifice both of this in the name of Craft, but you need your body on the most basic of levels to create, mine started with motivation, inspiration, and emotions.


What lessons has your work life taught you?
Well all I can say is that the future belongs to those who learn more skills and combine them in a creative way, But in life you are the character and you need to find your own pattern that helps you grow and Excel, the trick is that there aren't identical shape available in the same familiar places, every time the view is different, in my opinion if one has no beliefs about a particular matter one cannot have knowledge about it.
If you could do anything differently what would you do?


Music and importation of art materials

What is your religion?
I am a Christain, born and brought up in Roman Catholic, but migrated to Dominion City worldwide. 

Do you believe in after life? 
Hmmm lol, Do you have any experience that made you believe in a higher power or life after death? I can't just believe that....

What drives you to be you as an Artist? 
Passion

Any advice you want to give to others a artistsstruggling to be better?
 Sometimes, success is less about knowing when to say "yes" to opportunities and more about saying "no" to things that are holding you,,.. Sitting around and stewing about isn't going to help you, so my advice to the person is he or she should engage in any art school based on practical or internet, most of us hold a browsing phone without knowing the value, I can recommend (Kevin okafor) and (Arinze Stanley) fix yourself on YouTube to watch how practical goes...    


I'm thankful I was able to ask mr JazpaDavid these questions, I commend his humility when I approached him, it was indeed a pleasure especially since I'm a struggling Artists myself, his works inspire me to strive I hope it will do the same for others.... To reach Mr Jasper this is his Instagram account iam_Jazpadavid as well as his Facebook Jazpadavid


5 comments:

  1. I really art, I had a friend paid heavily to get a portrait of me! I will always cherish her, despite we are no longer good friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great one you’ve got there
    We need more of him in our society.

    ReplyDelete